Principal Scientist - Teamleader
Who we are
Solithor is a recently created high tech company which is utilizing 10 years of research and the facilities of imec, the prestigious Belgian R&D institute in nanoelectronics and digital technologies.
Building on this unique and patented research, Solithor aims to develop and commercialize next generation lithium solid-state batteries for the electromobility sector. Our mission is to scale up the technology and apply our SSB to electric vehicles.
To strengthen and take a leading position within our growing team of engineers and technologists, we are looking for an inspiring and talented Principal Scientist - Teamleader.
In collaboration with the CTO;
- you will guide the scientists in the innovative processes enabling achievements of the key milestones on the critical path towards prototypes demonstrators.
- you will help specify and design the cell technology.
- you will be accountable for the execution, close follow up and implementation of the technical roadmap through the definition of High & Mid-Level Plan with the team.
- you will ensure the proper allocation of resources to execute the high-level and mid-level plan in a timely manner.
- you will contribute to the intellectual properties or trade secret activities to protect the company’s technology developments and secure our competitive position.
Skills, personality and experience
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who has a hands-on approach to work - a creative problem solver who is motivated and passionate about the profession and who thrives in a high-tech and multicultural environment.
- You hold a PhD in electrochemistry, chemistry, polymer chemistry or materials chemistry.
- +7 year experience in an industrial battery environment (battery manufacturing, battery material or components production, battery start-up…)
- You have a first people management experience.
- Experience in battery or electrochemical cell design is a strong plus.
- Experience with Li metal, solid-state technology is a strong plus.
- Strong planning skills with the ability to adapt the plan in a quick iterative manner.
- Provide adequate reporting of the team activities within the scope of the technology development.
- Results-driven and able to deliver quality output within stringent deadlines.
- You have strong people skills and are able to motivate the team.
- The ability to thrive in a high-tech and ambitious environment where teamwork is key.
- Flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
You will have the unique opportunity to participate from the beginning in building a company that will have a major social impact on energy storage and electromobility. We will offer you enough freedom and autonomy to determine, together with the management, the best strategy to handle our administration. In short, you will take a crucial role in our talented, passionate and multicultural team.
Solithor offers a competitive salary package with the following benefits:
- Contract of indeterminate duration (40h/week, 12 additional holidays)
- A full electric company car
- A charge card with a budget of €100/month
- Meal vouchers worth €8/working day
- Hospitalisation insurance
- Group insurance
- Home office compensation
- Stock options
You will be based at Energyville in Genk, where you will be surrounded by like-minded inspiring people.