Development Engineer Anode (Electrochemist)
Who we are
Solithor is a recently created high tech company which is utilising 10 years of research and the facilities of imec, the prestigious Belgian R&D institute in nanoelectronics and digital technologies.
Building on this unique and patented research, Solithor aims to develop and commercialise the next generation solid-state lithium batteries for the electromobility sector. Our mission is to scale up the technology and apply our SSB to electric vehicles.
To strengthen our growing team of engineers and technologists, we are looking for a motivated and talented Development Engineer Anode (Electrochemist).
- Develop the anode component together with team
- Write test plans and procedures for anode full electrochemical evaluation
- Establish processes to characterize the anode component and interface via physical analysis and other analytical techniques
- Run tests according to schedule
- Analyze, summarize, and share results with stakeholders
- Provide useful insights to the Cell Design and Upscaling Team for integration of the anode in the cell, and vice versa improve anode component based on upscaling and device constrains
- Support intellectual properties or trade secrets to protect the company’s technology developments and secure a competitive position.
Skills, personality and experience
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who has a hands-on approach to work - a creative problem solver who is motivated and passionate about the profession and solid-state technology in particular.
- Master’s degree in Electrochemistry
- Hands-on experience of electrochemical devices testing - previous experience in metal plating and stripping will be beneficial
- Experienced in designing electrochemical protocols to assess the cell performance and ultimately improve those
- Knowledge of the electrical test equipment and experimental set up used in cell testing or equivalent (impedance, Cyclic Voltammetry, GITT…)
- An understanding of metal anodes, solid electrolytes, interfaces is a strong plus
- Fluent in English
- Results-driven and able to deliver quality output within stringent deadlines
- The ability to thrive in a high-tech and ambitious environment where teamwork is key
- Strong analytical mind, enabling in-depth understanding of the relationships between processes, material and interface characteristics and the performance of those materials in the battery device
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing (technological/technical) circumstances
- Based in Belgium or willing to relocate
We offer you the opportunity to develop the next generation solid-state lithium batteries in a challenging environment. In doing so, you will take on a crucial role within our talented, passionate and multicultural team. You will have the opportunity to help build a company that will have a major global social impact.
Solithor offers you not only access to top-class equipment and lab facilities, but also a competitive salary package with the following benefits:
- Contract of indeterminate duration (40h/week, 12 additional holidays)
- Meal vouchers worth €8/working day
- Hospitalization insurance
- Group insurance
- Home office compensation
- Stock options
You will be based at Energyville in Genk, where you will be surrounded by like-minded, inspiring people.