Development Engineer Anode (Electrochemist)
At SOLiTHOR’s Centre of Excellence for SOLID-STATE rechargeable lithium battery technology.
Who we are
SOLiTHOR is a recently created high tech company which is utilising 10 years of research and the facilities of imec, the prestigious Belgian R&D institute in nanoelectronics and digital technologies.
Building on this unique and patented research, SOLiTHOR aims to develop and commercialise the next solid-state lithium batteries for the electromobility sector. Our mission is to scale up our solid-state battery technology and apply it to electric vehicles – in the air, on land and sea.
To strengthen our growing team of engineers and technologists, we are looking for a motivated and talented Development Engineer Anode (Electrochemist).
- Develop the anode component together with team
- Write test plans and procedures for anode full electrochemical evaluation
- Establish processes to characterise the anode component and interface via physical analysis and other analytical techniques
- Run tests according to schedule
- Analyse, summarise, and share results with stakeholders
- Provide useful insights to the Cell Design and Upscaling Team for integration of the anode in the cell, and vice versa improve anode component based on upscaling and device constraints
- Support intellectual properties or trade secrets to protect the company’s technology developments and secure a competitive position.
Skills and personality
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who has a hands-on approach to work - a creative problem solver who is motivated and passionate about the profession and is keen to work in a start-up environment.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Electrochemistry
- Hands-on experience of electrochemical devices testing - previous experience in metal plating and stripping will be beneficial
- Experienced in designing electrochemical protocols to assess and ultimately improve cell performance
- Knowledge of the electrical test equipment and experimental set up used in cell testing or equivalent (impedance, Cyclic Voltammetry, GITT…)
- An understanding of metal anodes, solid electrolytes, interfaces would be advantageous
- Fluent in English
- Results-driven and able to deliver quality output within tight deadlines
- The ability to thrive in a start-up and ambitious environment where teamwork is key
- Strong analytical mind, enabling comprehensive understanding of the relationships between processes, material and interface characteristics and the performance of those materials in the battery device
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing (technological/technical) circumstances
- Based in Belgium or willing to relocate
We offer you the opportunity to develop the next generation solid-state lithium batteries in a challenging environment. In doing so, you will take on a crucial role within our talented, passionate and multicultural team. You will have the opportunity to help build a company that will have a major global social impact.
SOLiTHOR offers you not only access to top-class equipment and laboratory facilities, but also a competitive salary package with the following:
- Contract of indeterminate duration (40h/week, 12 additional holidays)
- Meal vouchers worth €8/working day
- Hospitalisation insurance
- Group insurance
- Home office compensation
- Stock options
You will be based at Energyville in Genk, where you will be surrounded by like-minded, inspiring people. SOLiTHOR will move to our new premises in Sint-Truiden, in August 2023.
To apply please send your CV to our HR officer Asho Brouckaert and include the job title in the subject line.