Head of Cell Manufacturing
at SOLiTHOR’s Centre of Excellence for SOLID-STATE rechargeable Lithium battery technology.
Who we are
SOLiTHOR is a recently created high tech company which is utilising 10 years of research and the facilities of imec, the prestigious Belgian R&D institute in nanoelectronics and digital technologies.
Building on this unique and patented research, SOLiTHOR aims to develop and commercialize the next generation solid-state lithium batteries for the electromobility sector. Our mission is to scale up the technology and apply our SSB to electric vehicles - in the Air, on Land and Sea.
To strengthen our growing team of engineers and technologists, we are looking for a motivated and talented Head of Cell Manufacturing.
- Collaborate with the management team, playing a crucial role in the operational marketing of our product and achieving the operational and strategic business objectives
- Draft and implement all technical operating procedures
- Develop and translate the production strategies into actionable goals for performance and growth in order to help implement organisational goals settings
- Write and submit reports effectively on production status, issues and changes
- Manage Quality Control and Assurance
- Further develop and implement Health and Safety policies with a view to initially manage such policies
Skills, personality and experience
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who has a hands-on approach to work - a creative problem solver who is motivated and passionate about the profession and solid-state technology in particular.
- 7+ years of experience in operational battery related project management
- Proven track record in HQSE
- Substantial experience in battery manufacturing
- Familiarity with solid-state battery technology would be advantageous
- Results-driven and able to deliver quality output within tight deadlines
- The ability to thrive in a high-tech and ambitious environment where teamwork is key
- Strong analytical mind, with a comprehensive understanding of the relationships between processes, material and interface characteristics and the performance of those materials in the battery device
- Strong communication and people skills
- Flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing (technological/technical) circumstances
- Based in Belgium or willing to relocate
- Ready to work and collaborate with clients and partners worldwide
We offer you the opportunity to develop the next generation solid-state lithium batteries in a challenging environment. In doing so, you will take on a crucial role within our talented, passionate and multicultural team. You will have the opportunity to help build a company that will have a major global social impact.
SOLiTHOR offers you not only access to top-class equipment and laboratory facilities, but also a competitive salary package with the following benefits:
- Contract of indeterminate duration (40h/week, 12 additional holidays)
- Fully electric car + charging budget
- Meal vouchers worth €8/working day
- Hospitalisation insurance
- Group insurance
- Home office compensation
- Stock options
Initially, you will be based at Energyville in Genk, where you will be surrounded by like-minded, inspiring people. SOLiTHOR will move to our new premises, near Hasselt in August 2023.