Production and Site Manager
At SOLiTHOR’s Centre of Excellence for SOLID-STATE rechargeable Lithium battery technology.
Who we are
SOLiTHOR is a recently created high tech company which is utilising 10 years of research and the facilities of imec, the prestigious Belgian R&D institute in nanoelectronics and digital technologies.
Building on this unique and patented research, SOLiTHOR aims to develop and commercialise the next generation solid-state lithium batteries for the electromobility sector. Our mission is to scale up our solid-state battery technology and apply it to electric vehicles – in the air, on land and sea.
To strengthen our growing team of engineers and technologists, we are looking for a motivated and talented Production and Site Manager.
- Collaborate with the management team, playing a crucial role in the operational marketing of our product and achieving the operational and strategic business objectives
- Draft and implement all technical operating procedures
- Develop and translate the production strategies into actionable goals for performance and growth in order to help implement organisational goals settings
- Write and submit reports effectively on production status, issues and changes
- Manage Quality Control and Assurance
- Further develop and implement Health and Safety policies with a view to initially manage such policies
Skills and personality
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who has a hands-on approach to work - a creative problem solver who is motivated and passionate about the profession and is keen to work in a start-up environment.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years experience as head of operations in the battery, pharma or food industry
- Proven track record in HQSE
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch would be a plus
- Results-driven and able to deliver quality output within tight deadlines
- The ability to thrive in a start-up and ambitious environment where teamwork is key
- Strong analytical mind, with a comprehensive understanding of the relationships between processes, material and interface characteristics and the performance of those materials in the battery device
- Strong communication and people skills
- Flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing (technological/technical) circumstances
- Based in Belgium or willing to relocate
- Ready to work and collaborate with clients and partners worldwide
We offer you the opportunity to develop the next generation solid-state lithium batteries in a challenging environment. In doing so, you will take on a crucial role within our talented, passionate and multicultural team. You will have the opportunity to help build a company that will have a major global social impact.
SOLiTHOR offers you not only access to top-class equipment and laboratory facilities, but also a competitive salary package with the following benefits:
- Contract of indeterminate duration (40h/week, 12 additional holidays)
- Fully electric car + charging budget
- Meal vouchers worth €8/working day
- Hospitalisation insurance
- Group insurance
- Home office compensation
- Stock options
Initially, you will be based at Energyville in Genk, where you will be surrounded by like-minded, inspiring people. SOLiTHOR will move to its new premises in Sint-Truiden in August 2023.
To apply please send your CV to our HR officer Asho Brouckaert and include the job title in the subject line.