at SOLiTHOR’s Centre of Excellence for SOLID-STATE rechargeable lithium battery technology.
Who we are
SOLiTHOR is a recently created high tech company which is utilising 10 years of research and the facilities of imec, the prestigious Belgian R&D institute in nanoelectronics and digital technologies.
Building on this unique and patented research, SOLiTHOR aims to develop and commercialise the next solid-state lithium batteries for the electromobility sector. Our mission is to scale up our solid-state battery technology and apply it to electric vehicles – in the air, on land and sea.
To strengthen our growing team of engineers and technologists, we are looking for a motivated and talented HSE Coordinator.
- Identify safety risks, set up the annual action plan and work on its translation into concrete prevention and protection measures
- Preparing risk analysis, reports for commissioning and safety instructions
- Be present in the lab to actively motivate employees to comply with these safety and environmental regulations and coach them where necessary
- Set up training tools and SOPs for employees to handle machinery according to H&S regulations (including safety manuals and external training) and follow up on such training
- In the event of an incident, investigate, write an incident report and set up a future prevention action plan
- Work closely with our management and engineering teams as well as our external prevention service
- Report H&S statistics to management on a regular basis
Skills and personality
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who has a hands-on approach to work - a creative problem solver who is motivated and passionate about the profession and is keen to work in a start-up environment.
Qualifications and experience
- Mandatory Prevention Advisor level 2. Level 1 (or willing to pursue) would be advantageous
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial environment
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety legal guidelines in Belgium
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Results-driven and able to deliver quality output within tight deadlines
- The ability to thrive in a start-up and ambitious environment where teamwork is key
- Strong communication and reporting skills. A good level of English and Dutch is mandatory given the multinational character of the start-up.
- Flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing (technological/technical) circumstances
- Based in Belgium or willing to relocate
We offer you the opportunity to develop the next generation solid-state lithium batteries in a challenging environment. In doing so, you will take on a crucial role within our talented, passionate and multicultural team. You will have the opportunity to help build a company that will have a major global social impact.
SOLiTHOR not only offers you access to top class equipment and laboratory facilities, but also a competitive salary package with the following benefits:
- Contract of indeterminate duration (40h/week, 12 additional holidays)
- Meal vouchers worth €8/working day
- Hospitalisation insurance
- Group insurance
- Home office compensation
- Stock options
You will be based at Energyville in Genk, where you will be surrounded by like-minded, inspiring people. SOLiTHOR will move to its new premises, near Hasselt, in August 2023.
To apply please send your CV to our HR officer Asho Brouckaert and include the job title in the subject line.