at SOLiTHOR’s Centre of Excellence for SOLID-STATE rechargeable lithium battery technology.
Who we are
SOLiTHOR is a high tech company which is utilising 10 years of research carried out by imec, the prestigious Belgian R&D institute in nanoelectronics and digital technologies.
Building on this unique and patented research, SOLiTHOR is developing and aiming to commercialise the next solid-state lithium batteries for the electromobility sector. Our mission is to scale up our solid-state battery technology and apply it to electric vehicles – in the air, on land and sea.
To strengthen our growing team of engineers and technologists, we are looking for a motivated and talented HSE Coordinator.
- Identify safety risks, set up the annual action plan and work on its translation into concrete prevention and protection measures
- Preparing risk analysis, reports for commissioning and safety instructions
- Be present in the lab to actively motivate employees to comply with these safety and environmental regulations and coach them where necessary
- Set up training tools and SOPs for employees to handle machinery according to H&S regulations (including safety manuals and external training) and follow up on such training
- In the event of an incident, investigate, write an incident report and set up a future prevention action plan
- Work closely with our management and engineering teams as well as our external prevention service
- Report H&S statistics to management on a regular basis
Skills and personality
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who has a hands-on approach to work - a creative problem solver who is motivated and passionate about the profession and is keen to work in a start-up environment.
Qualifications and experience
- Mandatory Prevention Advisor level 2. Level 1 (or willing to pursue) would be advantageous
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial environment
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety legal guidelines in Belgium
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Results-driven and able to deliver quality output within tight deadlines
- The ability to thrive in a start-up and ambitious environment where teamwork is key
- Strong communication and reporting skills. A good level of English and Dutch is mandatory given the multinational character of the start-up.
- Flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing (technological/technical) circumstances
- Based in Belgium or willing to relocate
We offer you the opportunity to develop the next generation solid-state lithium batteries in a challenging environment. In doing so, you will take on a crucial role within our talented, passionate and multicultural team. You will have the opportunity to help build a company that will have a major global social impact.
SOLiTHOR not only offers you access to top class equipment and laboratory facilities, but also a competitive salary package with the following benefits:
- Contract of indeterminate duration (40h/week, 12 additional holidays)
- Meal vouchers worth €8/working day
- Hospitalisation insurance
- Group insurance
- Home office compensation
- Stock options
You will be based at Energyville in Genk, where you will be surrounded by like-minded, inspiring people. SOLiTHOR will move to its new premises in Sint-Truiden in August 2023.