Multi-stacking Cell Assembly Engineer
at SOLiTHOR’s Centre of Excellence for SOLID-STATE rechargeable lithium battery technology.
Who we are
SOLiTHOR is a high tech company which is utilising 10 years of research carried out by imec, the prestigious Belgian R&D institute in nanoelectronics and digital technologies.
Building on this unique and patented research, SOLiTHOR is developing and aiming to commercialise the next solid-state lithium batteries for the electromobility sector. Our mission is to scale up our solid-state battery technology and apply it to electric vehicles – in the air, on land and sea.
To strengthen our growing team of engineers and technologists, we are looking for a motivated and talented Multi-stacking Engineer.
- Develop coating and film electrodes production and assembly in multi-stacks
- Establishment of a multi-stacking and lamination process for pouch cell assembly
- Study the effects of a multi-stacking strategy and quality on cell performances (internal resistance, temperature distribution, mechanical properties)
- Transfer multi-stacking process from laboratory to pilot line and propose a strategy to (semi)-automatise the processes to speed up assembly
- Support procurement and operation of new equipment related to electrodes’ manufacturing and multi-stacking
- Coordinate test strategies based on customer requirements and standards
- Write test plans and procedures for cell testing
- Run tests according to schedule
- Analyse, summarise, and share results with stakeholders
- Provide useful feedback to the cell design, validation and customer quality teams
Skills and personality
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who has a hands-on approach to work - a creative problem solver who is motivated and passionate about the profession and is keen to work in a start-up environment.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Relevant work experience in test and technology environments
- Knowledge of the analytical test equipment and experimental set up used in electrodes components assembly and quality control or equivalent (rheology, thickness determination, mechanical properties)
- Fluent in English
- Results-driven and able to deliver quality output within tight deadlines
- The ability to thrive in a start-up and ambitious environment where teamwork is key
- Strong analytical mind and a comprehensive understanding of the relationships between processes, material and interface characteristics and the performance of those materials in the battery device
- Strong communication and reporting skills. A good level of English is mandatory given the multinational character of the start-up.
- Flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing (technological/technical) circumstances
- Based in Belgium or willing to relocate
We offer you the opportunity to develop the next generation solid-state lithium batteries in a challenging environment. In doing so, you will take on a crucial role within our talented, passionate and multicultural team. You will have the opportunity to help build a company that will have a major global social impact.
SOLiTHOR not only offers you access to top class equipment and laboratory facilities, but also a competitive salary package with the following benefits:
- Contract of indeterminate duration (40h/week, 12 additional holidays)
- Meal vouchers worth €8/working day
- Hospitalisation insurance
- Group insurance
- Home office compensation
- Stock options
You will be based at Energyville in Genk, where you will be surrounded by like-minded, inspiring people. SOLiTHOR will move to its new premises in Sint-Truiden in August 2023.