Multi-stacking Cell Assembly Engineer
at SOLiTHOR’s Centre of Excellence for SOLID-STATE rechargeable lithium battery technology.
Who we are
SOLiTHOR is a recently created high tech company which is utilising 10 years of research and the facilities of imec, the prestigious Belgian R&D institute in nanoelectronics and digital technologies.
Building on this unique and patented research, SOLiTHOR aims to develop and commercialise the next solid-state lithium batteries for the electromobility sector. Our mission is to scale up our solid-state battery technology and apply it to electric vehicles – in the air, on land and sea.
To strengthen our growing team of engineers and technologists, we are looking for a motivated and talented Multi-stacking Engineer.
- Develop coating and film electrodes production and assembly in multi-stacks
- Establishment of a multi-stacking and lamination process for pouch cell assembly
- Study the effects of a multi-stacking strategy and quality on cell performances (internal resistance, temperature distribution, mechanical properties)
- Transfer multi-stacking process from laboratory to pilot line and propose a strategy to (semi)-automatise the processes to speed up assembly
- Support procurement and operation of new equipment related to electrodes’ manufacturing and multi-stacking
- Coordinate test strategies based on customer requirements and standards
- Write test plans and procedures for cell testing
- Run tests according to schedule
- Analyse, summarise, and share results with stakeholders
- Provide useful feedback to the cell design, validation and customer quality teams
Skills and personality
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who has a hands-on approach to work - a creative problem solver who is motivated and passionate about the profession and is keen to work in a start-up environment.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Relevant work experience in test and technology environments
- Knowledge of the analytical test equipment and experimental set up used in electrodes components assembly and quality control or equivalent (rheology, thickness determination, mechanical properties)
- Fluent in English
- Results-driven and able to deliver quality output within tight deadlines
- The ability to thrive in a start-up and ambitious environment where teamwork is key
- Strong analytical mind and a comprehensive understanding of the relationships between processes, material and interface characteristics and the performance of those materials in the battery device
- Strong communication and reporting skills. A good level of English is mandatory given the multinational character of the start-up.
- Flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing (technological/technical) circumstances
- Based in Belgium or willing to relocate
We offer you the opportunity to develop the next generation solid-state lithium batteries in a challenging environment. In doing so, you will take on a crucial role within our talented, passionate and multicultural team. You will have the opportunity to help build a company that will have a major global social impact.
SOLiTHOR not only offers you access to top class equipment and laboratory facilities, but also a competitive salary package with the following benefits:
- Contract of indeterminate duration (40h/week, 12 additional holidays)
- Meal vouchers worth €8/working day
- Hospitalisation insurance
- Group insurance
- Home office compensation
- Stock options
You will be based at Energyville in Genk, where you will be surrounded by like-minded, inspiring people. SOLiTHOR will move to its new premises, near Hasselt, in August 2023.
To apply please send your CV to our HR officer Asho Brouckaert and include the job title in the subject line.