Battery Pack Engineer
at SOLiTHOR’s Centre of Excellence for SOLID-STATE rechargeable lithium battery technology.
Who we are
SOLiTHOR is a recently created high tech company which is utilising 10 years of research and the facilities of imec, the prestigious Belgian R&D institute in nanoelectronics and digital technologies.
Building on this unique and patented research, SOLiTHOR aims to develop and commercialise the next solid-state lithium batteries for the electromobility sector. Our mission is to scale up our solid-state battery technology and apply it to electric vehicles – in the air, on land and sea.
To strengthen our growing team of engineers and technologists, we are looking for a motivated and talented Battery Pack Engineer.
- Design modules and packs for HV battery systems from concept to production
- Analyse the pack architecture to accommodate the unique stack pressure, swelling behaviour and thermal behaviour of SSB cells
- Manage and create CAD files as needed for different battery components to meet the component and system level targets
- Collaborate with the BMS engineer to guide the development of technical specifications and engineering designs of the BMS
- Support engineering tools development to provide trade-off studies between packaging efficiency, thermal efficiency, noise vibration and harshness before and/or during design phases
- Work with the cell testing engineer to develop quality documents (DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, Engineering Specification)
- Explore the root cause and solve production problems and failures
Skills and personality
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who has a hands-on approach to work - a creative problem solver who is motivated and passionate about the profession and solid-state technology in particular.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent highlighting relevant experience
- 7+ years of product design experience
- Hands-on experience in designing high-volume assembly and battery modules/packs
- The ideal candidate will have some experience in electrified propulsion system design and knowledge of BMS technologies
- Familiar with CAD software and assembly drawings
- Excellent understanding of mechanical structures, and electrical and thermal analysis of a battery system, especially for high-voltage and high-power applications
- Knowledge of BMS technology and hardware test and validation for battery packs
- Fluent in English
- Results-driven and able to deliver quality output within tight deadlines
- The ability to thrive in a startup and ambitious environment where teamwork is key
- Strong analytical mind, and a comprehensive understanding of the relationships between processes, material and interface characteristics and the performance of those materials in the battery device
- Strong communication and reporting skills. A good level of English is mandatory given the multinational character of the start-up.
- Flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing (technological/technical) circumstances
- Based in Belgium or willing to relocate
We offer you the opportunity to develop the next generation solid-state lithium batteries in a challenging environment. In doing so, you will take on a crucial role within our talented, passionate and multicultural team. You will have the opportunity to help build a company that will have a major global social impact.
SOLiTHOR not only offers you access to top class equipment and laboratory facilities, but also a competitive salary package with the following benefits:
- Contract of indeterminate duration (40h/week, 12 additional holidays)
- Meal vouchers worth €8/working day
- Hospitalisation insurance
- Group insurance
- Home office compensation
- Stock options
You will be based at Energyville in Genk, where you will be surrounded by like-minded, inspiring people. SOLiTHOR will move to its new premises in Sint-Truiden, in August 2023.
To apply please send your CV to our HR officer Asho Brouckaert and include the job title in the subject line.