at SOLiTHOR’s Centre of Excellence for solid-state rechargeable lithium battery technology.
Who we are
SOLiTHOR is a recently created high tech company which is utilising 10 years of research and the facilities of imec, the prestigious Belgian R&D institute in nanoelectronics and digital technologies.
Building on this unique and patented research, SOLiTHOR aims to develop and commercialise the next solid-state lithium batteries for the electromobility sector. Our mission is to scale up our solid-state battery technology and apply it to electric vehicles – in the air, on land and sea.
To strengthen our growing team of engineers and technologists, we are looking for a motivated and talented Laboratory Technician /Assistant.
- Supervise the lab equipment - ovens, fumehoods, vacuum pumps, glovebox, mixers to name but a few
- Oversee the commissioning and (preventive) maintenance of the lab equipment including basic troubleshooting and communicating with suppliers regarding spare parts and consumables
- Responsible for overseeing stock and for ordering consumables
- Assist the R&D team to conduct experiments, design and follow experimental plans in a chemical lab, record process parameters and provide the R&D team with associated reports
- Support R&D activities by conducting routine characterisation of various samples e.g. viscosity of slurries and pastes, SEM imaging, thermo-gravimetric analysis
- Communicate effectively with the team
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who has a hands-on approach to work - a creative problem solver who is motivated and passionate about the profession and is keen to work in a start-up environment. The successful candidate will have a strong attention to detail, a safety-focused mindset, and the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, electrochemistry, physics, biomedical lab technology or similar qualification
- Entry level position
- Hands-on experience of chemical lab equipment
- Previous experience of working on pilot or industrial equipment would be advantageous
- Capable of executing experimental plans in a chemical lab in accordance with health and safety rules
- Good chemical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Some experience in batteries assembly and testing would be advantageous
- Fluent in English; knowledge of Dutch is useful
- Results-driven and able to deliver quality output within tight deadlines
- Able to thrive in a high-tech start-up environment where teamwork is key
- Strong analytical mind and the ability to troubleshoot chemical and technical issues
- Strong communication skills. A good level of English is mandatory given the multinational character of the start-up.
- Flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing (technological/technical) circumstances
- Based in Belgium or willing to relocate
We offer you the opportunity to develop the next generation solid-state lithium batteries in a challenging environment. In doing so, you will take on a crucial role within our talented, passionate and multicultural team. You will have the opportunity to help build a company that will have a major global social impact.
SOLiTHOR not only offers you access to top class equipment and laboratory facilities, but also a competitive salary package with the following benefits:
- Contract of indeterminate duration (40h/week, 12 additional holidays)
- Meal vouchers worth €8/working day
- Hospitalisation insurance
- Group insurance
- Home office compensation
- Stock options
You will be based at Energyville in Genk, where you will be surrounded by like-minded, inspiring people. SOLiTHOR will move to our new premises in Sint-Truiden, in August 2023.
To apply please send your CV to our HR officer Asho Brouckaert and include the job title in the subject line.